STAFF ASSISTANT II (Counseling) Job Openings by San Jose/Evergreen Community College District in San Jose
9 days ago
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District Vacancies 2021 - Job hunting is in the distance from a friendly process. As much as we'd love to and no-one else apply for jobs that are a absolute fit, sometimes we locate ourselves in circumstances where we cant afford to be as selective as we'd in imitation of to be. When that’s the case, the job hunt process gets trickier to navigate, but by no means is it impossible to get a job youre overqualified for. Whats key is to take on the recruiters concerns and/or objections to your overqualification and to domicile them candidly and clearly. Its important to understand where the recruiter is coming from appropriately you can find the money for them the proper assurance that youre not going to get bored and depart within a few months.
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District Recruitment 2021
The latest jobs is from San Jose/Evergreen Community College District in San Jose. San Jose/Evergreen Community College District give away a chance to apply STAFF ASSISTANT II Counseling that will be placed in San Jose. If you are interested and want to know the formations and requirements, please see the description below:
STAFF ASSISTANT II (Counseling) Close/First Review Date: 10/24/2021 Campus Location: San Jose City College Position Description: POSITION SUMMARY
The Staff Assistant II (Counseling) reports to the Division Dean of Counseling, Guidance and Matriculation at San Jose City College. The work schedule is 12 months per year; 40 hours per week; MondayFriday; 9:00 a.m.6:00 p.m. This classified position is grant funded and contingent upon yearly funding.
Under the general supervision of a department supervisor, manager or academic staff member performs routine but somewhat varied clerical and general typing duties following standard procedures in support of the operations, preparation and maintenance of a variety of records and reports, or academic professional staff of an administrative or program office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform routine but varied clerical duties requiring knowledge of general departmental and college practices and procedures.
2. Receive, screen, review and verify a variety of correspondence, documents or applications.
3. Maintain office files, reports, logs and a wide variety of memoranda.
4. Search for, compile and post data for a variety of reports.
5. Provide a central source of information on the activities of the office.
6. Receive, screen and/or direct visitors and telephone calls coming to the office and deliver messages.
7. Assist in the planning and carrying out the activities and procedures of the office.
8. Combine and type data from various source materials.
9. Type letter, reports, course and curriculum outlines, minutes of meetings, orders, notices, statistical data and a variety of other miscellaneous papers, forms, and documents of average difficulty from either clear copy or rough draft with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
10. Correctly utilize technical terms and foreign or unusual words.
11. Maintain records, check data and prepare standard reports.
12. Proof and check work for completeness, accuracy, format; make changes as recommended.
13. Code, enter, retrieve and maintain computerized student, financial, employee and program activity records using computer terminal or micro-processor.
14. Keep records of expenditures, maintain and monitor budget accounts for assigned budget categories.
15. Receive specific instructions when performing non-routine tasks.
16. Answer telephone and provide information in accordance with department, program or district policy.
17. Arrange and schedule meetings, notify participants, reserve meeting, assist and prepare materials needed.
18. Maintain accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates and schedules as they relate to assigned programs and services.
19. Screen mail and respond to routing inquiries using standardized formats.
20. Resolve routing problems/questions, referring unusual cases to supervisor.
21. Prepare various forms to relieve supervisor of routing personnel, budget and payroll functions.
22. Perform cashiering duties, receive and receipt cash payments and prove balance on cash receipts. Order and maintain stock of office supplies as necessary.
23. Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Proper telephone techniques and etiquette.
2. Modern office methods, procedures and equipment including micro-computers, computer terminals and related software.
3. Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
4. Record-keeping principles and procedures.
5. Policies, procedures, organization and operating details of the department to which assigned.
6. Writing and composition of business letters.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
2. Operate office machines including a computer and applicable software.
3. Prepare and deliver oral presentations, research and report writing.
4. Perform routine clerical work without supervision.
5. Meet schedules and time lines.
6. Work independently with little direction and work effectively in a team.
7. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Required Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
2. One year of experience performing general office clerical work. Desired Qualifications: 1. Bilingual abilities, desirable. Districts Diversity Requirements Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienceddiscrimination.
Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the Districts hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
Salary Range: $46,479$56,755 Annual Salary (Range 54: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2021-2022). Starting placement is generally at Step 1. Benefits: Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 18 paid holidays. To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/ About The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves. As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants. jeid-3e1ce324bb178a4793ed146d6c701827
For further information, please refer official source from San Jose/Evergreen Community College District on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in STAFF ASSISTANT II Counseling San Jose October 2021 San Jose/Evergreen Community College District above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in San Jose below.
Apply This Job
Please submit your application via the link below:
Do not forget to like our fanpage to get the latest job information
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on m.jobs-chicago.net, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.